Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Digital Story Adventure!

In my current graduate school class involving technology in the classroom, I am in the beginning stages of creating project ideas and guidelines for my students to produce a digital story.

Teaching 8th grade physical science honors students, there are many exciting concepts I could choose for this project.  Later this year, we will explore the topic of energy.  To promote a green planet, we will discuss the importance of using a variety sources of energy to run our planet.  This topic is great for my students to focus on, since it directly affects them and is easy to get their hands on.

Various technological tools that my students could have access to would include computers, cell phones, along with programs such as PowerPoint and iMovie.  My favorite software I will promote is Photo Story.  In this user-friendly program, students insert pictures along with text, adding their own or pre-made music to the presentation.

Now that I have my very own classroom webpage, I can post valuable links to good resources associated with this topic for students and parents to enjoy.  One site I like is earth911.com, where you can search for local recyclable centers.  Another general site that I enjoy for all topics of science is ted.com.

I will let you know how the planning of this project goes...   Wish me luck!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment